Mutual Aid Committee
The Mutual Aid Committee consists of:
Chairman - South Holland Chief Brian Kolosh
Co - Chairman - Calumet City Chief Glen Bachert
Member - Glenwood Chief Kevin Welsh
Member - Munster Chief David Pelc
Member - Tinley Park Deputy Chief Steve Klotz
Member - Tinley Park Asst. Chief Kris Dunn
Member - Country Club Hill D/C Robert Kopec
Member - Homewood Chief Robert Gerbowski
Safety Committee Chairman – Tim Moss D/C Oak Forest
Communications Chairman – Andrew Horberg
MABAS Division 24 consists of 20 departments with approximately 40 fire stations, covering 150 square miles and a population of approximately 500,000.
The purpose of this mutual aid system is:
- To provide an immediate response of personnel, equipment and associated response teams to the stricken community during fire service and/or emergency medical service emergencies.
- To provide a systematic means to respond to those emergencies.
- To provide access to specialized equipment for departments that may be in need of such.
- To provide a working emergency response throughout MABAS 24.
- To provide a standard operating procedure consistent with and in support of the Incident Command System, Unified Command System and NIMS. Through the use of an Incident Management Team.
- The Incident Management Team consists of a Mutual Aid Adviser, Communications and Safety Officer.
MABAS 24 is currently contracted with the Village of Tinley Park Dispatch Center as the primary dispatch agency for the division. The Orland Park Fire Protection functions as our backup dispatch center. The centers have capabilities of transmitting all mutual aid request for Division 24.